So you still have no plans for Valentines day?? No need to panic- there is so much you can do! But on a busy night like Valentines in a city like London, its important to book. In a relationship or not- its an excuse to spoil yourself or a loved one.
- Mr Fogg’s Tavern Gin Safari – go on a safari and try gins from around the world. I love this bar, and Aunt Gertrude’s parlour boasts one of the biggest gin collections ever! This experience is SO NEW and hot off the press I haven’t posted my full experience on it yet. Book it book it book it- it’s worth every penny. I loved it and I don’t even like Gin. (They have over 280 gins so theres bound to be one that you’ll like!) It’s a great experience, and the bar so so secret and awesome it will wow any date you have for the night! The staff and the drinks at this bar are quite simply the best!
2. Magic Lantern Festival– with tickets at around only £16 and with winter not being AS cold as other years, this is the perfect way to walk around with your loved one and be enchanted by the beautiful interactive lanterns at Chiswick House. This is outdoors so wrap up warm and cosy up! It’s the first time this festival has come to the UK and it’s a beautiful, fun and even romantic place to spend the evening- the Chinese New Years is only a couple of days away so book now!
3. The Odeon Lounge Luxury Cinema– with the Oscars on the way, the cinema is an awesome date place to be! I’m no movie buff but even I would enjoy an experience at the Lounge. Enjoy a movie whilst being served a delicious meal- the seats are cosy and super comfy and the waiters are very discreet. The cinema is small and intimate- pretty suave place to be. Your date might be disappointed on hearing you’re only going to the cinema for Valentines.. but he/she will be blown away when you get there! Press a button for your cosmo or gourmet meal!
4. Valentines Day dates don’t have to be cringy or cheesy you can have a fun, but delicious meal at Le Bab. This place has taken London by storm and your date will be pretty impressed you got such a cool restaurant (ex Le Gavroche team!). Vegetarians like me also love the paneer kebabs so don’t worry about the food- Le Bab have that covered. Just make sure you book!
5. ABQ– your partner prefers to spend nights in watching Breaking Bad but you want to go out for some cocktails and fun? ABQ is a pop up bar that brings the 2 together. Enjoy making cocktails at the back of and RV and everything is in theme with the hit series! Im already booked- are you?
6. Miss Saigon– the West End musical is coming to an end on Feb 27th. If you haven’t seen it, then you are totally missing out. This show was half the reason I went to Vietnam! You need to book and watch this before Feb 27th! If you can’t go on the 14th, you can put the tickets into your Valentines day card and have a few days to look forward to the show together!
7. CROOKS– the new immersive theatre from CoLab theatre. Star in the show as you work with your group to crack down the infamous ‘Don’ gangster. You’re going to the National Crime Agency, and you’re going undercover. Remember to practice your cockney rhyming slang. The show runs from February and it takes place in SE1- so you can go for a Ruby later. If you survive. I’m going there tomorrow, and I’ll tell you all about it!
8. Bottomless brunches are the trend of 2015/2016- there’s no better way to spend your Sunday than getting boozed up whilst enjoying some delicious food. Try Bourne & Hollingsworth in Farringdon or Avenue in Green park. I’ve been to both and loved them!
9. Tipsy Tea at Mr. Foggs– im yet to update my blog about this place- but that’s because im still recovering and trying to put together the pieces of my 2 hours here last weekend. 2 hours of the best tea you will ever find- because its filled with either Gin cocktails or Champagne. And this year for valentines- its PINK Veuve Cliquot! Obvs I went for the champagne and the Balvoir Castle was the most delicious cocktail i’ve ever had… thats why i drank about 10 teapots full in 2 hours. Luckily there was some finger food and petit fours on the table to soak up some of the damage. One of the most fun afternoons ive had.. and it all takes place at the romantic, quirky and fun Mr Fogg’s Residence, which truly is the BEST BAR IN LONDON!!!
10. Last but not least… why does Valentine’s have to be about ‘romantic’ love? There are many different types of love you can celebrate. A man’s best friend is his dog- why not treat your best pal to a date at the Microchippy. Dogs Trust UK are helping dog owners ensure their microchip tagging (law by April 2016) is up to date… whilst enjoying a canine friendly meal from the legendary Bubbledogs. I am trying to borrow my friends little pug and take him there- its a special and memorable way to spend your valentines!!